We woke when Rikke was standing next to our tent asking if we wanted to take the ferry or continue as planned. Confused, we got up and out of the tent and realised that the wind was much stronger than anticipated.
In the end we decided to split up. Freek went with the group that did the crossing as planned and I went with the group that took the ferry. We still had to get the kayaks to the ferry though, and that was the toughest part to paddle. Strong wind pushed us so we ended up all going in different directions. But when we turned the corner, the weather cleared and we had sun and less wind.
The captain of the ferry was nice and let us pass without tickets.